Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Best Places to Retire for Under $12,000 in response to Yahoo Best Places to Retire for Under $40,000

in response to Yahoo article Best Places to Retire for under $40,000 a Year:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/best-places-retire-under-40-110925854.html

I have now been 5 years in Thailand, for $1000 a month you can live pretty good including rent/food/entertainment, I rent a nice condo with a pool, 10 minute walk to the beach/entertainment, 5 minute walk to the grocery store and mall/street markets, do not own a car (walk almost everywhere). Medical costs are very low, I can see a doctor for about $10 and buy most meds without a prescription (my cholesterol meds costs about $4 a month), high powered antibiotic meds like Azithromycin and Levaquin costs between $8 to $15. Recently lost my freelance Photoshop job so now living off my savings and conservative stock investing, trying to keep the exponential decay rate trajectory low on my savings depletion as I deficit spend towards Social Security age (which I will take early at age 62). Good Luck to us All...

No comments:

Post a Comment